Providing consistent gentle pressure to the patella tendon, the Pro-Tec Patellar Tendon Strap helps to reduce pain associated with tendinitis, chondromalacia, Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease & other knee ailments.
Patella tendon compression strap | Helps alleviate knee pain | Helps treat tendinitis, chondromalacia, Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease… | Targeted compression | Neoprene material |
Pro-Tec Patellar Tendon Strap:
- General Application: Great for alleviating moderate knee pain, especially in areas under and surrounding the knee cap.
- Medical Application: Knee Pro-Tec,”The Original Neoprene Knee Strap” helps alleviate symptoms of tendinitis, chondromalacia, Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease, and other knee ailments.
- How It Works: Knee Pro-Tec provides compression on the patellar tendon, helping spread pressure uniformly across the patellar tendon, reducing discomfort and irritation. This compression may also help stabilize your patella, improving its tracking. In addition, Knee Pro-Tec absorbs stress to the knee, reducing vibrations in the femoral groove.
- Design Theory: The Knee Pro-Tec patellar tendon strap is designed to provide consistent pressure on the patellar tendon. The strap is made from neoprene, which stretches, allowing it to stay comfortably in place. Tubing, sewn into the neoprene, is used to provide gentle compression and a plastic loop is utilized to make it easier to adjust. The strap attaches with a velcro closure.
- Sizing Chart
- Small (10″-12″)
- Medium (12 1/8″-13 5/8″)
- Large (13.75″-15.5′”)
- (Circumference measured just below kneecap)
About Pro-Tec:Pro-Tec Athletics was founded January 1991 in Los Angeles, California and began with one product, the Knee Pro-Tec patellar tendon strap. Owner, and former professional volleyball player, Jeff Rodgers first began selling to the volleyball market. As the company grew, it expanded its product offering and reached out to new markets. The running market became the next frontier and Pro-Tec quickly capitalized on an opportunity manufacturing specialized supports for running injuries.
Located in Redmond, Washington, Pro-Tec Athletics offers over 59 products, ranging from highly effective orthopedic supports to breakthrough innovations in hot/cold and massage therapy. In addition to success in the volleyball and running markets, Pro-Tec Athletics benefits a wide range of sporting goods and sports medicine markets, including, but not limited to soccer, basketball, schools, athletic trainers, physical therapy, podiatry, orthopedic and chiropractic clinics.
Furthermore, Pro-Tec believes in offering more than just a “product on the shelf.” We are excited to provide injury information to expedite each individual’s recovery.
Injury guides offering symptom identification, treatments, and strengthening and stretching exercises are available with most products to offer the individual a complete recovery package.
Pro-Tec also takes pride in separating itself from the competition by:
1) Recognizing injuries that other manufacturers overlook.
2) Product design that is unparalleled in comfort and effectiveness.
3) Being your injury information source.
4) Offering the best in customer service.
In 2012, Pro-Tec Athletics will maintain its innovative and leading edge by introducing several new products including the Travel Size Roller Massager and Y Roller, while continuing to improve existing product designs!
As an all-around leader for your sports medicine needs for injuries such as iliotibial band syndrome, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, just to name a few, Pro-Tec Athletics is prepared to do what it takes to keep you injury free, “supporting” your active lifestyle.